Booking.com

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Famous Amos Cookies For Raya!


Tomorrow I will be helping mom to bake two type of Famous Amos cookies and 1 of it is the Hawaiian Nut Cookie. my mom got this recipe from Maklang, where she got this recipe from a chain email. My mom did try to make this cookie last year and it taste almost the same! So for this year, we'll be baking cookies again for raya. Just now, my wife and I with my mom went to Tanjung to buy the stuff needed. The ingredients itself cost us about RM100 for five set of cookies (1 set = 122 cookies) InsyaAllah by tomorrow, I'll update on our progress making those cookies.

walnut in the cookies!

You may try too, here's the recipe. Recipe maybe halved.

2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups brown sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal & blend in blender to a fine powder)
24 oz. chocolate chips
1 tsp. salt
18 oz. Cadbury bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
2 tsp. vanilla

Cream the butter and both sugars.
Add eggs and vanilla;
mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.
Add chocolate chips, Cadbury bar and nuts.
Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Makes 122 cookies.


Muhammad bin Kamarulazizi
Penang

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...