Booking.com

Sunday, July 20, 2008

What's with Ayat-ayat Cinta?


Since my boss gave me the chances to relax and get some rest, I decided to balik Kampung to Penang. I remembered that I took back a movie with me, Ayat-ayat Cinta, an Indonesian movie with great review on the novel book itself. The book was written by by a young novelist Habiburrahman El-Shiraz, a post-graduate scholar from Al-Azhar University, Mesir, Cairo.

I started watching the movie when the clock showed 2.00pm. I closed my all the window in my bedroom and it was dark enough as I can only see the light from my lcd monitor. After about an hour watching, I didn’t realize that I was having tears in my eyes all along and when I did realize it, I quickly swipe out the tears fearing that any of my siblings saw me crying.

I cried not because of the romance, those tears I have shed were not for a fiction. Its not like those movies which made you cry like real as if you were one of the characters in them! I cried not because I feel the character inside the movie, no I felt it for me. I cried because I know deep in my heart, I still have not reached the level where my love for Allah will make me as strong as Fahri. I got so worried by just the thought of the tests and trials I am sure I will have to endure each time the iman increases, each time it rises up to another level.

I sincerely recommend this movie, but it would be better if you can get the book itself. Together we should feel sorry for ourselves. Feel sorry for living such a life so distant from Allah all this while. Feel sorry for we still have a lot more to do.

Please keep me in your thoughts while you pray…

-Muhammad bin Kamarulazizi-
ex Mashoor 99'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...